Help! Canceling an Oracle query thorugh ADO takes almost as long to run as the query itself.

From: John Boe <nospam_at_home.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2002 02:12:04 GMT

Hello,

I am writing a VB program that allows users to run queries in an Oracle 7.X database. I am using ADO 2.5 to connect to the database and run queries asynchronously. I need to allow users to cancel queries. However, the cancel method of the recordset object takes almost as long to run as the query itself. Once you issue the cancel command, ADO may wait a long time before moving on to the next line of code. The cancel method is quick when applied to a SQL Server database, but slow when applied to an Oracle database.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
-John Received on Thu Jul 18 2002 - 21:12:04 CDT