Re: CHAR or CAR Survey

From: Alan <alanshein_at_erols.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 14:42:10 -0400

Well, a couple of things, as long as we're being picky:

  1. A "newsgroup" can't long for something, only a being (such as a person) can.
  2. No one is forcing you to read or answer questions you feel are inappropriate. The subject line clearly stated what the post was about.
  3. To which newsgroup should this question be posted? comp.databases.oracle.pronounciation? How about comp.databases.oracle.survey? Ooops, no such group. How about comp.databases.oracle.just.curious? Oops, no such group. How about comp.databases.oracle.server? No, it's really not a server question... There must be SOME Oracle newsgroup for miscellaneous questions... Hmmmm, how about comp.databases.oracle.misc? Oh, wait, that's THIS newsgroup!

And here I thought the internet was a forum for a free and open exchange of ideas. As long as you follow someone's rules, it seems. Yes, there's "netiquette": Don't cross-post, and post to the most appropriate newsgroup. I did.