CHAR or CAR Survey

From: Alan <alanshein_at_erols.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 14:14:32 -0400

Just curious...

I've heard CHAR pronounced as "car" and as "char" (as when you almost burn something). Which do you favor?

While we're on the subject, in varchar, do you say vare or vahr? I've also heard bothm, though "vahr" seems to be a clear winner. "Vare" seems to be a function of accent/dialect. Received on Thu Jul 18 2002 - 13:14:32 CDT