Re: Metrics for Management

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 17:16:52 +0100

Seriously, how about:

    number of users who phoned up to complain about     slow screen response times in last 24 hours

    number of users who phoned up to complain about     reports taking to long to run in last 24 hours.

    number of times processes crashed because of     database configuration problem.

Have drill downs to (respectively):

    Users who complained that response time     in screen X was in excess of 2 seconds

    Users who complained that report Y took     longer than 3 minutes to appear.

    Number of times process crashed with     'maxextents' reached.

It might focus attention in the right direction, and allow you to say.

--
Jonathan Lewis
http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk

Next Seminars
 UK  Sept
 Australia August
 Malaysia September
 USA x 2  November

<0gldju0d03i1po9e8n69qagmaukp932k6a_at_4ax.com>...