Re: filter on return results

From: Daniel Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 17:01:55 GMT

Jean-Max Reymond wrote:

> to enforce confidentiality of the informations in my oracle database, I
> am looking for a way to return informations ONLY if conditions are OK.
> for example, on a SELECT request, return rows only if there at least 3
> rows selected, otherise nothing is returned.
> request are going from ODBc connections or sqlplus tool.

Lets see what is missing that might be useful to someone trying to help you.

  1. The Oracle version
  2. The front-end software application
  3. Whether the SELECTs are direct to tables or to procedures

That should be enough to give us some kind of hint. Also include a sample of one of the SQL statements that might reasonably be issued and need to meet this criterion.

Daniel Morgan Received on Wed Jul 17 2002 - 12:01:55 CDT