php and oracle kills our server

From: J Laux <_dev_null_at_freenet.de>
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 17:46:05 +0200

Hi there,
we are using apache 1.3.12, oracle8.1.7 and php3 and the server os is Suse7.1 with Kernel 2.4.0.
Nine users have started a complex qery in the browser. After a few seconds the machine has been broken down.
In the php pages we are only using ora_* functions. We have noticed that there were many oracle processes. (197)
We don't know how it became so much. Performance tuning for php?

Can you help us? Are there any parameters we can use? TIA Received on Wed Jul 17 2002 - 10:46:05 CDT