Which Oracle client does Access use

From: Randy Harris <randy.harris_at_nospam.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 01:39:53 GMT

Can someone please tell me how a MS Access application decides which Oracle version to use if there is more than one installed?

I have an Access application accessing an 8.1.7 database across a network. A couple of the client systems have more than one version of Oracle installed. I can't seem to predict which version of Oracle the application will use (specifically, which tnsnames.ora file). I've tried changing the path and ORACLE_HOME environment variable, neither one seems to matter. I guess it must be something in the registry.

Thanks for any ideas

--
Randy Harris