Re: What system table shows when a table was last analyzed?

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 20:16:36 +0200

On Tue, 16 Jul 2002 13:02:27 GMT, "Brian Peasey" <bpeasey_at_doncarsys.com> wrote:

>"Sybrand Bakker" <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl> wrote in message
>
>> Select * from dict_columns where column_name like '%ANALYZE%'
>> should also have done the tric.
>
>Thank you.
>
>> Please use it next time to avoid questions you could easily have
>> looked up yourself.
>
>Just remember Sybrand...at one time you didn't know the answer to this
>question either.
>
>Regards,
>Brian

At that time the Internet was restricted to universities, and I was on my own. So once I learned the existence of dict, I was always using it to answer questions like 'in which datadictionary view is...'. It doesn't harm to make at least *some* effort to resolve your own questions, you will have the answer definitely faster then when you crosspost your question to all three Oracle newsgroups. Also and more importantly, you will *learn* from it, and you will get familiar with the logic behind the datadictionary. You will *never* learn that when you go on to rely on people never getting tired to answer the same boring questions over and over again.

Regards

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Tue Jul 16 2002 - 13:16:36 CDT