Re: export to different oracle user...

From: nettdata <nettdata_at_noSpAM_nettdata.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 13:42:45 GMT

Depending on dependencies (ahh, that doesn't sound right, but you know what I mean) and programatic specifics, you can use the IMP and EXP commands to do so.

Specifically, you can do a normal export (as the original user) and then re-direct the import to a new user:

imp system/manager_at_db file=exp.dmp fromuser=olduser touser=newuser

For details, try "imp help=yes".

This may not work or could get very tricky if you've got multiple schemas with references amongst themselves.

$0.02

...jeff