Installing 8i on XP?

From: Michael Lewis <ml2009_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2002 19:00:26 +0100

I am currently (well trying anyway) to learn Oracle and have 8i eval software included with the Sybex books I am using. I am trying to install on Windows XP but it obviously doesn't like it as the Setup.exe runs and then terminates a few seconds later. It works OK on a real Windows 2000 PC
(my brother's), so I tried it on a Windows 2000 Virtual PC
(www.connectix.com) ... but it looks like 8i is smarter than that.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can get this to work? I learn things so much better if I can play with the software (and break it a few times)

Thanks

Michael Received on Mon Jul 15 2002 - 13:00:26 CDT