Re: Oracle 9i AS

From: Avi Abrami <aabrami_at_intersystemsww.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2002 08:51:12 +0200

Daniel Morgan wrote:

> Avi Abrami wrote:
>
> > [Den's top-post replat re-arranged :-]
> > DenHang wrote:
> > > "Daniel Morgan" <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com> wrote in message

> > > server

> > > Pitty, but thanks for the info anyway
> > >
> > Unfortunately, what Daniel (in his infinite wisdom) has failed
> > to mention, is that there are public forums on Oracle's "Technet"
> > web-site that are concerned with Oracle 9iAS. Here is the URL
> > for the "general" forum (but there are others, too):
> >
> > http://www.oracle.com/forums/forum.jsp?id=466592
> >
> > You need to be a member of the "Oracle Technology Network" (OTN),
> > but registration is free.
> >
> > Good Luck,
> > Avi.
>
> The question that was asked was, and I quote, "Does anybody knows a specific
> newsgroup".
>
> I've no problem to someone adding additional useful information. I've no
> problem with someone correcting me when I am incorrect (in fact I appreciate
> it). But it is not my obligation, as intimated in your petty insult, to
> answer any question, much less answer a question that was not asked.
>
> Perhaps in the future you can add additional information to a thread without
> feeling the overwhelming need to express hostility. Then again, perhaps not.
>
> Daniel Morgan

Hi Daniel,
I must admit that my writing style is greatly influenced by yours. Yes, you answered the question that was asked, but I think that you also added extra information when you said that "iAS issues are generally posted here". A search of the newsgroup archives on Google, shows 470 posts (for the keyword "iAS") as opposed to nearly 5,800 on Oracle's J2EE forum, and nearly 1,100 posts on the 9iAS General forum (since the start of this year, alone). That gives me the impression that I have, indeed, corrected you (but if you showed some appreciation, then forgive me, I must have missed it).

The fact that you added extra information (above merely answering the question asked), together with the responses of other people who replied to Den's question, implies that you also had the impression that Den was looking for some kind of forum related to 9iAS -- but not necessarily Usenet.

Like I said, judging from your usual writing style, I assumed that you wouldn't be so offended from a remark whose intention was purely humorous. Obviously your feelings are much more delicate than I estimated -- and I apologize. Like Pavlov's dogs, I have learned my lesson and I shall be more wary of my writing style in future correspondences with Usenet.

Thanks,
Avi. Received on Sun Jul 14 2002 - 01:51:12 CDT