Re: Security in oc4j of 9iAs

From: DenHang <DenHang_at_pi.be>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 12:19:37 +0200

That's the trouble. According to the oc4j documentation it should be possible to do (some) security management by administrating the principals.xml file (which works fine).
But this don't seem to be the case when oc4j is started up from AS9i.

What I did not mentioned is that I tried two scenarios: 1) Starting up AS9i (and with that also the 04CJ container is started up). In this case I could only make a connection from JDeveloper with scott/tiger (as mentioned before)
2) Stopping AS9i and starting the same OC4j installation as a stand-alone (like when using the standalone OC4J installation for developer purposes). In this case I could connect with other accounts (that could be found back in prinipals.xml).

I have allready went through quite a bit documentation from otn but it seems like I have been missing the right documentation uptill now or documentation is still a bit immature concerning release 2.