Re: How can i do to list fields in a table with a query

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 19:55:20 +0200

On Wed, 10 Jul 2002 17:11:49 +0200, Sylvain Manas <smanas_at_acomis.fr> wrote:

>i'm new into oracle world
>
>i would like my query to return the list of fields a table holds
>

>thanx by advance

select * from dict where table_name like 'USER%COL%' will return all dictionary views with column information. This will show you need user_tab_columns desc user_tab_columns will show you the definition of the view. The rest is fairly obvious.

Hth

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Wed Jul 10 2002 - 12:55:20 CDT