Re: sql blocking problem.

From: Mark D Powell <mark.powell_at_eds.com>
Date: 10 Jul 2002 07:44:07 -0700

"????" <hotyoung_at_netnsec.com> wrote in message news:<iKPW8.100855$nP6.10413185_at_news.bora.net>...
> I made homepage counter with Oracle.
>
> Action of counter is executed to SQL statement such as lower part.
>
> update t_count set work_date = '20020710', visit_cnt = visit_cnt+1
>
> This program is made with Pro*C. After execute above SQL statement, execute
> commit statement.
>
> By the way ..
>
> At the same time, in case of program that execute above SQL statement ran
> much, above SQL is not processed in Oracle and phenomenon that become
> blocking happens.
>
> How can i solve this problem?
>
> please~~~ help.. me..

1- Please verify that this is a single row table or add a where clause so that you are not updating every row in the table

2- To reduce the number of round trips to the database and associated context switches (update, commit) replace the program code with the execution of a stored procedure that is coded as an anonymous transaction. This will put the update and commit in the db and also guarentee that both occur.

That is all I can think of based on what you posted so good luck.

HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Wed Jul 10 2002 - 09:44:07 CDT