Re: Mix of Script's with import

From: Rauf Sarwar <rs_arwar_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 9 Jul 2002 20:05:06 -0700

"Martin Gehrke" <Martin.Gehrke_at_gawrijlidis_SMP.de> wrote in message news:<ageebn$cek$1_at_newsreader2.netcologne.de>...
> We have the problem, that we have to create new Tablespace and users by
> script
> and then to call imp with existing backup dump file for this new users
> automatically.
> After this some other scripts should be executed.
> All in one session without going to Dos prompt for separat import.
> Does anyone has an idea or hint?
> Oracle Vers. 8.0.5 - 9.2.0 under NT
>
> Thanks
> Martin

You can use bunch of different tools to perform a particular job...*BUT* the important thing to remember is use the right tool for the job.

You can either use batch script to run different sql scripts or by far the most powerfull windows scripting tool called Winbatch http://www.winbatch.com/. I use Winbatch to do a whole bunch of things on a Windows machine and the best thing about it, very easy to learn and you can create standalone executables to protect your code and passwords etc.

HTH
//Rauf Sarwar Received on Tue Jul 09 2002 - 22:05:06 CDT