Oracle on Linux?

From: logia <logia_at_apexmail.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Jul 2002 18:14:42 GMT

Hi there, I want to setup a DB to store my personal data on a Linux box which has P233MMX + 256MB mem + 8GB. I am in the phase of evaluating different DB products.
Oracle has so many DB products that confuse me. Which one is better for me? Oracle lite? Enterprise Edition? personal Edition? Application server?
From the name, I guess Personal Edition is ok for me. However, it seems that it does not support linux.
And the most important thing is that my PC hardware is not so powerful. So I hope the DB which I would select has cost less resource. Any advise? thanks. Received on Tue Jul 09 2002 - 13:14:42 CDT