Re: MTS or not?

From: Rauf Sarwar <rs_arwar_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 8 Jul 2002 15:46:27 -0700

Ralf Beutler <muelleimer_at_brain4.de> wrote in message news:<3D29C546.3070708_at_brain4.de>...
> Hi,
>
> I've to administrate a Oracle 8i used by a internet application.
> The application provides a connection pool, which deals with 20
> connections to my database. There are 10 client-computers, so I wrote in
> my init.ora
> processes 240
> Now I figured out, that's to small.
> Now I've 300 processes on my database, but I'm not sure, if this is the
> right way.
>
> Could it be better to use mts_servers to solve my problem?
> How do I have to configure this? Where are the problems?
>
> thx
>
> br | rb

I don't think 20 concurrent users warrant Multi Threaded server...i.e. unless you have a low end machine or running out of memory every so often. You should be OK with Dedicated server.

"processes" = ? specifies the maximum number of OS user processes that can simultaneously connect to an Oracle server. This value should allow for all background process. If you don't have too many server processes then value of 200 should be more then enough.

HTH
//Rauf Sarwar Received on Mon Jul 08 2002 - 17:46:27 CDT