Installation Problems

From: Robert Tilley <tilleyrw_at_cfl.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Jul 2002 15:58:26 GMT

I am attempting to install Oracle 8i on my Debian Linux box. I have followed the instructions at "http://jordan.fortwayne.com/oracle/817.html" as as regards setting of environment variables and creation of mount points.

When I start the installer (./runInstaller), the buttons on the bottom of the dialog (Next, Exit, etc.) are non-functional. i.e., they will depress but will not continue the installation procedure.) The only way to exit is by clicking the close-box on the window frame.

This has occurred before and I solved the problem then by changing permissions on the directory. However this is not working now and I am clueless.

Can anyone duplicate this problem on a Linux box and tell me I'm not insane?

--
Comments and information are appreciated.

Robert