Re: help for unknown oracle database

From: Oliver Brausch <ob112_at_web.de>
Date: 8 Jul 2002 02:00:19 -0700

Hi, first thank you very much for your help. I tried the selects you wrote:

> check your user privs. Apparently the user you are currently connected as
> has privs that allow them to query dba_tables, but not the
> dbfa.external_id_info table. As the user that cannot query the table, do
> this:
>
> SELECT * from user_sys_privs;

no rows selected

> SELECT * from all_tab_privs_recd;

GRANTEE                        OWNER
TABLE_NAME                     GRANTOR
PRIVILEGE                                GRA
---------------------------------------- ---
PUBLIC                         SYS
DUAL                           SYS
SELECT                                   YES

PUBLIC                         SYS
SYSTEM_PRIVILEGE_MAP           SYS
SELECT                                   YES

and this appeared 1404 times(!!!!)
seems that there is nothing granted for nobody. my username is "ppadm" and I think I should have admin rights. If not I cannot see the dba_tables!?
but then how can I grant access to the tables to myself?

thx again, Oliver Received on Mon Jul 08 2002 - 04:00:19 CDT