column total in forms

From: Pieter J.D. Huiberts <phuiberts-REMOVE_at_ivw.com>
Date: Sat, 06 Jul 2002 21:46:39 -0400

Hello,
I am developing a time distribution form in forms (dev/2000). The user gets pressented its projects in rows, and can than assign how much of his time (%) he spend on a project each month. Before committing this info to the db, I would like to validate that the time totals to 100%. How can I total these text_items before committing them into the db?

Is it possible to do something like total := row1 + row2 + row3, where the cursor loops from the records?

example:
The user sees this form and only fills out % of his time spend.

Projects        Time (%)
Project 1        33
Project 2        33
Project 3        33
          Total    99%

Thanks a bunch,
Piet Received on Sat Jul 06 2002 - 20:46:39 CDT