Re: Problem Installing 8.1.7 client - JRE

From: Rauf Sarwar <rsarwar_at_ifsna.com>
Date: 6 Jul 2002 12:44:58 -0700

"Chris" <chrish_at_noos.fr> wrote in message news:<3d26f58b$0$19722$79c14f64_at_nan-newsreader-02.noos.net>...
> Hello,
>
> i've got to install 8.1.7 client, and i've got the following problem :
> - when i launch the setup from the CD, nothing's happening.
> it's a problem with the JRE !!!
> - i've installed a JRE on the machine, copied the client installation on the
> HD, and
> points the JRE (in the oraparam.ini) to the one i've installed. in this
> case, when i launch the setup,
> i've got the first window of the install, but when i click on a button
> ("next" or "installed products")
> the windows dissapear and the setup is ended !!!
>
> i've got this problem on some machines, and on others everything's OK.
> on the machines i've got this problem, i can install the 7.3.4 client
> without any problems.
> anyone can help me to resolve this JRE problem ???
>
> thanks in advance.
> chris.

There is a bug with 815, 816, 817 installers trying to install on Pentium 4 machines. If you are trying to isnatll on P4 machines then check DocId 131299.1 on Oracle Metalink for the solution. There are couple of more settings you have to change beside changing relative path to fully qualified path.

HTH
//Rauf Sarwar Received on Sat Jul 06 2002 - 14:44:58 CDT