Re: Problem Installing 8.1.7 client - JRE

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sat, 06 Jul 2002 18:21:08 +0200

On Sat, 6 Jul 2002 15:54:47 +0200, "Chris" <chrish_at_noos.fr> wrote:

>Hello,
>
>i've got to install 8.1.7 client, and i've got the following problem :
>- when i launch the setup from the CD, nothing's happening.
>it's a problem with the JRE !!!
>- i've installed a JRE on the machine, copied the client installation on the
>HD, and
>points the JRE (in the oraparam.ini) to the one i've installed. in this
>case, when i launch the setup,
>i've got the first window of the install, but when i click on a button
>("next" or "installed products")
>the windows dissapear and the setup is ended !!!
>
>i've got this problem on some machines, and on others everything's OK.
>on the machines i've got this problem, i can install the 7.3.4 client
>without any problems.
>anyone can help me to resolve this JRE problem ???
>
>thanks in advance.
>chris.

search on groups.google.com for "Pentium 4" + "install" and please stop asking questions that have been answered more than a 1000 times.
Please *always* search groups.google.com before posting in order to avoid to be ignored.

Regards

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Sat Jul 06 2002 - 11:21:08 CDT