Re: pl/sql owa_util.listprint

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_oracle.com>
Date: 6 Jul 2002 06:26:57 -0700

In article <3d25d9fd.186306994_at_news.dal.ca>, ttigger4321_at_hotmail.com says...

>I'm having trouble implementing the listprint function. Can anyone
>tell me what I'm doing wrong?
>
>procedure showlist is
> list_it boolean;
> p_theQuery VARCHAR(1000) := 'select object_name from all_objects';
> p_cname VARCHAR(10) := 'myList';
> p_nsize NUMBER(2) := 5;
> p_multiple BOOLEAN := FALSE;
> begin
> list_it := owa_util.listprint(p_theQuery, p_cname,
> p_nsize, p_multiple);
> EXCEPTION
> WHEN OTHERS THEN
> hylkserr.err_screen;
>
>end showlist;
>
>Here's the error message from 8i on aix.
>
>PLS-00222: no function with name 'LISTPRINT' exists in this scope
>
>thanks
>cheers,
>tony
>902.494.1021 w
>902.461.4550 h

listprint is a procedure, not a function returning a boolean. It'll throw an exception on error, not return a boolean "true" "false"

PROCEDURE LISTPRINT

 Argument Name                  Type                    In/Out Default?
 ------------------------------ ----------------------- ------ --------
 P_THECURSOR                    NUMBER(38)              IN
 P_CNAME                        VARCHAR2                IN
 P_NSIZE                        NUMBER                  IN
 P_MULTIPLE                     BOOLEAN                 IN     DEFAULT
PROCEDURE LISTPRINT
 Argument Name                  Type                    In/Out Default?
 P_THEQUERY                     VARCHAR2                IN

--
Thomas Kyte (tkyte@oracle.com)             http://asktom.oracle.com/
Expert one on one Oracle, programming techniques and solutions for Oracle. http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1861004826/ Opinions are mine and do not necessarily reflect those of Oracle Corp Received on Sat Jul 06 2002 - 08:26:57 CDT