%TYPE question

From: Pieter J.D. Huiberts <phuiberts-REMOVE_at_ivw.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Jul 2002 14:49:13 -0400

Hello,
I am trying to use the %TYPE function but it does not always seem to work consistently.

I have schema that holds at least two tables (table1 and table2). I log in under the schema name.

When I reference the table1 in Forms (dev/2000) for datatype assignment (e.g. table1.col1%TYPE) everything is fine.When I do the same thing for table2 (I triple checked the spelling), I receive the error "subprogram or cursor 'TABLE2' reference is out of scope"

When I change the assignment for table2 from table2.col1%TYPE to schema.table2.col1%TYPE my forms compiles properly.

What is going on and what does this error actually mean?

Both tables have a public synonyms on them, in case this matters.

Thanks for your help,
Pieter Received on Fri Jul 05 2002 - 13:49:13 CDT