Use of sys_context changes execution plan

From: Paul Ansell <paul.ansell_at_totalise.co.uk>
Date: 5 Jul 2002 06:35:31 -0700

I have a dynamically generated query which when executed with hard-coded where clause values uses an execution plan that I am happy with. However, when I replace the hard-coded values with calls to sys_context ( in order to make use of bind variables ) a different, inferior execution plan is chosen. Any ideas why this should happen? Received on Fri Jul 05 2002 - 08:35:31 CDT