Re: CLOSE_CACHED_OPEN_CURSORS in Oracle 8i

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_oracle.com>
Date: 4 Jul 2002 10:56:00 -0700

In article <ag1s6i$3ru$1_at_news.solace.mh.se>, pean_at_im.se says...

>Hi,
>
>I'm trying to use CLOSE_CACHED_OPEN_CURSORS in Oracle 8.1.7,
>but when I'm starting the server after added this parameter
>to my init.ora I get en error saying it is deprecated.
>
>Is there any other parameter I can use?
>
>Regards,
>Per

you don't need it at all anymore. The algorithms changed, the cached open cursors (cached by plsql) will be closed when and if needed elsewhere in your session. You no longer need this (hence it is deprecated)

--
Thomas Kyte (tkyte@oracle.com)             http://asktom.oracle.com/