query returns no results

From: Ryan <rgaffuri_at_cox.net>
Date: Thu, 04 Jul 2002 13:46:03 GMT

I am trying to write a query that will return say rows 10-20 in a table. table does not have a counter. I saw how to do this on Tom Kytes page, but I cant remember exactly how and I cant figure out what to search under...

This is what I tried... but its returning no values, but I know its close to being correct.

Select column1, column2, r.r2
  from (select rownum r2

             from   table1
            where rownum < 20
            order by column 1) r

 where r.r2 > 10

what am I missing? Received on Thu Jul 04 2002 - 08:46:03 CDT