Re: Using Autotrace

From: <Christopher.Jones_at_oracle.comX>
Date: 04 Jul 2002 17:36:28 +1000

"Kevin Carlson" <kcarlson_at_speakeasy.org> writes:

> Pardon the newbie question, but I'm having trouble granting myself
> permission to run Autotrace as a non-sysdba user (Oracle 8i Enterprise
> downloaded from OTN running on Win2K). I can login with "connect
> sys/manager as sysdba" to execute "Set autotrace on", but how do I grant
> permission to an "ordinary" dba account? I've already granted
> SELECT_CATALOG_ROLE to access the V$ tables, but still get error messages
> about not finding PLAN_TABLE. What is there left to do?

See example 9-1 at
http://otn.oracle.com/docs/products/oracle9i/doc_library/release2/server.920/a90842/ch9.htm#1006527

Substitute your Oracle software directory path where the example has "$ORACLE_HOME". Use your username and password instead of "HR".

Examples 9-2 and 9-3 may also be useful.

Chris

--
Christopher Jones, Oracle Corporation, Australia.