Using Autotrace

From: Kevin Carlson <kcarlson_at_speakeasy.org>
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2002 19:30:30 -0700

Pardon the newbie question, but I'm having trouble granting myself permission to run Autotrace as a non-sysdba user (Oracle 8i Enterprise downloaded from OTN running on Win2K). I can login with "connect sys/manager as sysdba" to execute "Set autotrace on", but how do I grant permission to an "ordinary" dba account? I've already granted SELECT_CATALOG_ROLE to access the V$ tables, but still get error messages about not finding PLAN_TABLE. What is there left to do?

Thanks much,
Kevin Received on Wed Jul 03 2002 - 21:30:30 CDT