Re: automated Oracle install

From: Daniel Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Jul 2002 15:16:10 GMT

MtR wrote:

> Hello,
> I have to install Oracle (8.0.5) server several times a week on a
> diferent machines ...
> Is there any way to say to Oracle instaler what components I want to
> install... like windows answer files ?
>
> Any help would be GREATLY appreciated... thanks...
>
> MtR

Let me see if I understand this ... you are installing an obsolete version of Oracle that is no longer supported? Why?

That was a rhetorical question intended only to express my continuing amazement at what I see posted here. I could speculate as to whether any of this is legal and licensed but I'll save that thought for another time.

Depending on the operating system ... you could install from a mirror. Unfortunately, you don't indicate the O/S.

Daniel Morgan Received on Wed Jul 03 2002 - 10:16:10 CDT