massive inserts with multiple process instances

From: Fred <fred_at_cf.fr>
Date: 01 Jul 2002 17:59:05 GMT

Hello,

I have to implement massive inserts (arrays with Pro*C) and many instances of the program can be started simultaneously Then I must do something like that for the key column: select max from table_cpt into :max;
update table_cpt set max = :max + 1000;
Here I insert 1000 rows (array) (for value=max to max + 1000) because of multiple instances of the process.
Is it a good method ?
Must I use locks on table_cpt ?

Thanks in advance.

--
Use our news server 'news.foorum.com' from anywhere.
More details at: http://nnrpinfo.go.foorum.com/