Re: An Open Message From An Instructor

From: Christopher Boyle <cboyle_at_hargray.dot.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2002 15:29:29 -0400

I totaly agree with not providing the complete answer to an obvious student question but if I were to ever teach a class I fully intend to post the full answers to one of my test in one of the newsgroups and tell the students they can use whatever resources they can access on their PCs during the test. The idea being that they should be aware of and look through the news groups for answers and definitely not that they should get other people to do their work for them. I have learned a tremendous amount from reading these NGs and would want to encourage the same. (I would also fail the student that just yesterday was having a hard time with select * from emp who today turns in a pl/sql package using built ins, dynamic SQl and multiple joins. I remember discussing this with a teacher when i was a student and code printouts that I had thrown away in the lab were copied and turned in. She said" There is a reason I have the big desk." She didn't for a second think that the person had done this on their own and I doubt any quality instructor would be fooled)