Re: Problem Connecting To SQLPlus

From: Daniel Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Jul 2002 15:49:59 GMT

obert Tilley wrote:

> Following a clean installation of Oracle 8i, I cannot log into SQL-Plus. I
> use the stock account that comes with install, that of "system/manager" and
> it responds with:
>
> oracle_at_tillarium:~$ sqlplus
>
> SQL*Plus: Release 8.1.7.0.0 - Production on Sun Jun 30 12:22:35 2002
>
> (c) Copyright 2000 Oracle Corporation. All rights reserved.
>
> Enter user-name: SYSTEM
> Enter password:
> ERROR:
> ORA-03113: end-of-file on communication channel
>
> Any ideas on how I can solze this problem of having no user accounts?
> --
> Information and comments are appreciated.
>
> Robert

Please provide the following information.

  1. What platform?
  2. What operating system?
  3. Did you read and follow the installation instruction on the CD?

My guesses ... Sun, Solaris, No. or PC. Linux, No.

If I am right ... the solution is to learn from the experience, read the instructions, and follow them with respect to semaphores, shared memory, and the other things you didn't do but should have.

Daniel Morgan Received on Mon Jul 01 2002 - 10:49:59 CDT