Re: Oracle demo?

From: Daniel Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Jul 2002 15:32:02 GMT

Sara Kane wrote:

> Hi,
> thanks for the advice, so Windows ME sucks when it comes to Oracle? Also,
> why not go XP?
>
> I already know some SQL from using MySQL and doing some limited things with
> Oracle at work, using SQLplus3.3 or something.
>
> What are the limitations on the Demo pack? Also, just out of interest, whats
> the license for Oracle cost?
>
> Thanks
>
> Sara

Because XP stands for eXtra Problems. It is another Microsoft attempt to hide useful functionality and break competitor's products: Nothing more. And as that was their goal they've done a stellar job.

Also it is quite likely that XP is not supported for the version of Oracle you have.

The only two half-way stable operating systems Microsoft has right now are WinNT 4 SP6 and patched Win2000.

Daniel Morgan Received on Mon Jul 01 2002 - 10:32:02 CDT