Re: Oracle loses its fingers on the cutting edge

From: Sean M <smckeown_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2002 03:45:31 GMT

Daniel Morgan wrote:

> I agree on one hand ... Oracle is doing what is says and benefiting. I'd like to
> see a certain one of its competitors live on only its own software. But on the
> other hand ... there is little or no excuse for snail mail: Especially for Oracle.

Understood, and mostly agreed. However, snail mail still has its place for documents where a fascimile or a soft copy won't do. I know I have to submit original receipts for my expense reports, not photocopies, and I have to mail, not fax them. This is for legal/tax reporting reasons, not technological ones. I'm no accountant, but I wouldn't be surprised if similar requirements were at the bottom of the whole invoice issue.

Regards,
Sean M Received on Fri Jun 28 2002 - 22:45:31 CDT