CGI or JAVA? Opinions please

From: Bryan <bryan.munday_at_parexel.com>
Date: 28 Jun 2002 02:09:14 -0700

Hi,

I seem to have missed the web programming band wagon until now, so would like peoples opinions on how I should go about linking my databases to the web (well intranet).

I have to link various dB's (7.3.4,8.0.5,8i) to a web front end. Various pocedures have been written that will also have to be called and executed.

What I would lke to know is what do poeple think is the (I hate to say this) best way to link from the browser to the db? Given that I know little Java, PHP or Perl, whichever route I chouse will be a learning experience. I have a feeling that the PHP/Perl route would be quicker than the Java alternative, plus I woun't need to worry about having a JSP enabled web server, is this correct?

TIA Bryan Received on Fri Jun 28 2002 - 04:09:14 CDT