Re: Oracle demo?

From: Markus Böhmer <boehmerm_at_gmx.de>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2002 07:55:20 +0200

Sara Kane <skane_at_ie.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Id really like to have a go learning Oracle, is there a small demo or
> cut down version that I could install on my machine (Windows ME) and
> then use to just test SQL etc and learn more about it, rather than
> paying millions to buy the real thing?
>
> Does anyone have any guides to doing this?
>
> Thanks
>
> Sara

Hi Sarah,

making an account on otn.oracle.com is always a good choice for getting "demo" versions.
In the otn download section you have several choices. from an version 8i to version 9i is everything fully functional downloadable. But these run only on unix, lots of other operating systems and on the microsoft winnt series (winnt, 2000, xp). So if you want something which runs on windows me you have to download the personal edition. And now comes the best. For private and educational use its all free.

So have fun using oracle.

Greetings
Markus

--