database connexion

From: cava123 <cava123_at_noos.fr>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2002 02:40:02 +0200

Hi,
I need to do this connection from home : sqlplus scott_at_test. test is a distributed database, net8 is configured correctly, and the connection is Ok when I'm in the private network but Ko when I'm at home.

I think the Pb is a network.
ping the server from home (Firewall Pb), then tnsping the database (how to open the 1521 listener port ?), then sqlplus scott_at_test.dbdomain

Is there anything to do as DBA or SYSTEM Engeneer or it is just a firewall autorisation ?
(I think Nothing to do as dba)

Any help ?
(yhab.abiad-sica_at_renault.com)