PL/SQL and environmental variables

From: Mark Rathbun <mark_at_NOSPAMpickerel-lake.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 16:36:02 -0500

I am using the packages included with utl_file to access text files for processing. The problem I am having is that the paths for the dev, mst and prd instances file locations are different. What I need is a way so that I can tell what instance I am in and open the text file with the correct path.

I don't need the solution, but a hint or two would be greatly appreciated. I may be just searching for the wrong phrases. I had no luck in tahiti.oracle.com, Metalink the archives for this group and the usual O'Rielly and Oracle press manuals.

I am running Oracle 8i and 9i on HP-UX

Thanks in advance for any help Received on Wed Jun 26 2002 - 16:36:02 CDT