selecting all columns but one?

From: D. Alvarado <laredotornado_at_zipmail.com>
Date: 26 Jun 2002 12:57:43 -0700

Hello,

   (Running Oracle 8.1.7). I'm looking for a way in SQL to select all the columns except a particular one without explicitly listing all the columns I want. So given the query below ...

   SELECT Q2.* FROM
      (SELECT Q1.*, ROWNUM RID FROM (p_query) Q1) Q2    WHERE RID BETWEEN p_low AND p_high

how do I modify it so that the only columns returned are those in "Q2" and not the column named "RID"?

If a solution to this problem exists, it would be most helpful if it were in SQL (and not SQL*Plus) as I am forming this query through JDBC. Thanks in advance, Dave A. Received on Wed Jun 26 2002 - 14:57:43 CDT