Re: ResultSet from Stored Procedure

From: Luciano Belotto <luciano_at_nospam.com>
Date: 26 Jun 2002 15:16:55 GMT

Dan,
I needed a bit more help understanding it (it would seem much easier though). This was my follow-up(it was mixed in with my duplicate posts), if you can help anymore with this:

Can you give a bit more help, here's what I'm trying:

CREATE OR REPLACE PACKAGE "ODB"."MYTYPES" as

    type cursorType is ref cursor;
end;

CREATE OR REPLACE PROCEDURE "ODB"."TRAX_CUST_RELEASE"     (RESULT_SET in OUT odb.myTypes.cursorTYPE) is
BEGIN
  OPEN RESULT_SET FOR select T."PROFILE", T."CUSTOMER_NAME" from odb.trax_customer_release T;
END; The above by itself works fine. I tried putting immediately after the open: RESULT_SET."PROFILE" := 'myValue';

but it doesn't let me. How does it have the sense of which record (rownumber) in the
recordset set it is on when I do that?

--
Luciano Belotto
replace spam with traxsoftware for e-mail

If you create your cursor with something like: OPEN cvar FOR SELECT col1, col2 FROM .... Then cvar.field_name can be changed as in: cvar.field_name := some_other_value; Just like with a static cursor. Daniel Morgan <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<