Re: trigger script after archive log switch

From: Philip Brown <phil+s3_at_bolthole.no-bots.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 20:55:13 GMT

On Tue, 25 Jun 2002 22:55:20 +0200, postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl wrote:
>Ah the road to hell.
>Insufficient disk space, don't we.

no, I have plenty of disk space. I said COPY, not move.

>Just FYI: I'm *right now*, in overtime, all evening long from home, covering
>up for a customer who also didn't bought sufficient disk space, backing up
>those archives by means of RMAN manually.
>There is about 5G of archivelog per database per day (and as every breath is
>logged in the application, most of it is utterly useless).
>
>Get those disks, or quit your job, but definitely don't try to be 'smart'.
>You might be kicked out when your 'solution' doesn't work.

You're complaining about the problems YOU'RE having, rather than addressing the issue I'M trying to address.
I hope you can go back, reread my original post, and address my issue. Or barring that, I hope someone else might do that.

S.1618 http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquery/z?d105:SN01618:@@@D
http://www.spamlaws.com/state/ca1.html