Re: ANY and SOME

From: Martin Soederstroem <MartinSo_at_privat.utfors.se>
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2002 22:19:15 +0200

On 23 Jun 2002 11:26:57 -0700, the living god Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_oracle.com> walked on earth to tell us this:

>In article <2e2chusvpqqt79poqaccllqrbkbdgb9b31_at_4ax.com>, Martin says...
>>
>>Is there a difference between ANY and SOME? I can't find any, but when
>>there are two operators, it seems logical that they would have
>>different behaviors.
>

>you mean like "<>" and "!="
>or "is" and "as" (create procedure p IS... create procedure p AS....)

You know, I was wondering about IS and AS too. Good to know.

>any and some are synonymous with eachother. If you are "greater then ANY ...",
>you are "greater then SOME" and so forth. They have the same behavior.

But why oh why does Oracle feel the need for this redundancy? Are they trying to be SQL server compatible or something?

--
Martin