Re: Installation of Oracle 8.1.7 on SunOS 5.8 fails

From: Karl Hahn <hahnk_at_forwiss.tu-muenchen.de>
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2002 22:03:11 +0200

Hi Jason,

> What are the contents of /var/opt/oracle/oraInst.loc? There should be a
> single path in there pointing to /opt/oracle/oraInventory.

I had a look at /var/opt/oracle/oraInst.loc. Seems to be okay, the path to the oraInventory is okay.

> Do you have an /etc/oraInst.loc? I do on 8.1.7 on RedHat7.1.

No, I didn't find such a file in /etc.

> Also, if it says the orainstRoot.sh script isn't getting executed right,
> take a look at the script itself and walk through it step by step. Look
> at what it is supposed to do and make sure it is done.

That's a good idea. I will check that tomorrow. Will tell you tomorrow if this makes any difference.

Bye and thank you for your help,
Charlie Received on Sun Jun 23 2002 - 15:03:11 CDT