Re: limiting number of rows returned in sql query

From: Harpreet Singh <harpreet_at_ruksun.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Jun 2002 21:02:17 +0530

Hi

    select * from emp where ROWNUM<500

this should give u 500 records. But plz do check out the query in full before trying out. ROWNUM is a special colum/function / variable (dont know what) which acts as a counter for each row that is fetched by your query.

    If this thing does not work, plz do tell me or if you find out a better way then also let me know. It would increase my knowledge also.

Regards
Harpreet