JDBC problem "Io exception: not in streaming mode"

From: stevie <steviehaston_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 22 Jun 2002 10:12:50 -0700

I'm now getting a "Io exception: not in streaming mode" in my java web app, this intermittantly started happening yesterday. Looking at other info on this problem it seems to be thread related and something to do with the LONG data type, from what I understand. The app is using a DB connection pool, thin oracle JDBC driver and we have some long fields in the database.
One approach is to alter the datatypes to CLOBs but this requires a fair bit of alteration to the code which may not fix the problem. Does anyone understand how this problem may have come about and how to fix it?
TIA
Stevie Received on Sat Jun 22 2002 - 12:12:50 CDT