ODBC and sql*net (net8)

From: cava123 <cava123_at_noos.fr>
Date: Sat, 22 Jun 2002 04:43:41 +0200

Hi all,
I have upgrade oracle 806 up to 8.1.7.x/Solaris 2.6, and I use a customer application in the PC with VB and retrieve data in the Oracle database over ODBC.

After upgrade server (Oracle 817/Solaris), the application (in the PC) behavior is not similar now as the v8.0.6 It seems that we have to upgrade dll mdak 2.5.1 at less.

My question : Is Oracle Client is required in PC when ODBC is use ? Is ODBC include sql*net ? relation ship between ODBC and sql*net (net8) ?
Thank you. Received on Fri Jun 21 2002 - 21:43:41 CDT