Re: how to perfrom search on big files

From: --B <akshard_at_vsnl.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2002 18:05:40 +0530

What about SQL Server, DB2, etc?
Do they provide this functionality or similar functionality like Oracle, mentioned by Thomas?
Is it that only Oracle supports latest stuff ?!!

Thanks.

"Thomas Kyte" <tkyte_at_oracle.com> wrote in

> >hi all,
> >
> >can anybody suggest me on how to perform search on large data(e.g.
essay),
> >size upto 32 kb, using DB?
> >Should I breakup the data into # of columns,each with 2000 bytes, and
> >search in each column , but I guess memory will be a problem because if I
> >return 100's of rows!!
> >Any ideas ?
> >
> >Thanks,
> >
> >A.Dave
> >

> using interMedia text. put the data into a clob or blob (text or binary)
and

http://technet.oracle.com/docs/products/oracle8i/doc_library/817_doc/inter.8 17/a77063/toc.htm