Re: how to perfrom search on big files

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_oracle.com>
Date: 21 Jun 2002 04:35:46 -0700

In article <t3EQ8.14993$U7.170698_at_vixen.cso.uiuc.edu>, "--B" says...

>hi all,
>
>can anybody suggest me on how to perform search on large data(e.g. essay),
>size upto 32 kb, using DB?
>Should I breakup the data into # of columns,each with 2000 bytes, and
>search in each column , but I guess memory will be a problem because if I
>return 100's of rows!!
>Any ideas ?
>
>Thanks,
>
>A.Dave

using interMedia text. put the data into a clob or blob (text or binary) and index it. Then, use the contains functionality to search it.

http://technet.oracle.com/docs/products/oracle8i/doc_library/817_doc/inter.817/a77063/toc.htm ...

--
Thomas Kyte (tkyte@oracle.com)             http://asktom.oracle.com/