Re: Run Forms 4.5 from Visual Basic

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 22:57:07 -0700

Steve Callaway wrote:

> I'm writting a visual basic application that will access data from an
> Oracle database. Quite a few Oracle 4.5 forms have already been
> written that display some of the same data I want to show. Is it
> possible to run these forms from VB? If so, how? Thanks in advance.

I don't know how one would go about it for sure though I would suspect the same way you would start any other executable. And Oracle forms, at least now, has OLE and other communications facilities. I can't remember as far back as 4.5.

But it seems to me that if the point is to go after data in an Oracle database ... you'd be far better off getting the current version of Oracle Forms and doing your development in that. Development will be faster. Application performance will be more stable, more secure, and faster. And your resume will increase your earning potential by about 50%.

Daniel Morgan Received on Thu Jun 20 2002 - 00:57:07 CDT